Higher National Certificate (HNC) and Higher National Diploma (HND) in Hospitality Management
This course is designed to prepare students for a career in the hospitality sectors and to provide means of access to higher levels of education in this area. This specialist work – related programme of study covers key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the hospitality industry and also offers particular specialist emphasis through the choice of optional units.
The First year HNC Hospitality Management introduces you to the supervisory skills required for a successful and fulfilling career. The second year HND Hospitality Management will give you the knowledge and hands-on skills to succeed in a managerial position in the growing hospitality industry.
BTEC Higher Nationals in Hospitality Management have been developed to focus on:
- providing education and training for a range of careers in the hospitality sector.
- providing opportunities for employees of hospitality facilities to achieve a nationally recognised qualification
- providing opportunities for learners to gain a qualification to enter employment in hospitality or progress to higher education
- providing opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
Finance in the Hospitality Industry
Food and Beverage Operations Management
Marketing in Hospitality
Travel & Tourism Sector
Human Resource Management for Service Industries
Hospitality Operations Management
Research Project of the Hospitality Industry
The Developing Manager
Developing Small Business Enterprise in the Hospitality & Tourism Industry
Rooms Division Operations Management
External Business Environment
Sustainable Tourism Development
Quality Management in Business
Personal and Professional Development
Progression Route on Completion
- Students studying for a two year HND can choose to leave after one year of study and will have achieved a Higher National Certificate.
- Apply for a HND courses at our management school and upon completion you may complete your third and final year of a bachelors degree at many of UK’s reputable Universities or alternatively, you can choose to go straight into related employment.
Entry requirements for the HND programmes
- BTEC Level 3 qualifications OR a profile of A Level grades, OR an equivalent level qualification.
- Applications are also invited from those without formal qualifications but who have relevant life and/or work experience.
- For those holding a relevant HNC it may be possible to access Year 2 of the HND. Please contact us to discuss your programme.
- The Pearson EdexcelBTEC Higher National qualifications are accredited on the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) for learners aged 18 years and over.
- Students for whom English is a second language should have good exam results or a competent background in the English language.
- If you meet the minimum entry requirements (and there are still places available) you will be invited for individual online interview where you will have the opportunity to find out more about the course and tell us why you are interested in this subject area.
Teaching & Learning:
All units are delivered using a diverse range of teaching and learning methods that support independent student learning. These include informal online lectures, group seminars, video and audio sessions, online teaching materials, readings and research activities. You will be provided with excellent online learning materials and study guides. You will also have access to your tutor for additional support or guidance with your assessments.
The course will be taught with an approach that offers
- A balance between practical skills development and knowledge acquirement.
- Links made between theory and practice in the workplace
- Industry knowledgeable lecturers and tutors.
- Opportunities to apply learning to actual events within the sector.
The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning of the content of each unit has taken place. Evidence of this learning, or the application of the learning is required for each unit.
Each unit contains statements of the evidence that each learner should produce in order to receive a ‘pass’. All units are individually graded as ‘pass’ ‘merit’ or ‘distinction’. To achieve a pass grade for the unit learners must meet the assessment criteria set out in the specifications.
The assessments are either assignment-based, internally assessed by Hallmark School of Management and then subject to internal verification and external verification by Pearson Edexcel.
New intakes each January/April/September.
Total Course Duration
The HND offers sixteen units which normally can be studied over two years, but you may study at the pace at which is most convenient for you. Each unit is delivered over fifteen weeks, offering ninety minutes of online lectures and up to ninety minutes of online tutorials each week.
How much will it cost?
Your BTEC HNC & HND qualification is made up of a series of sixteen modules. You will complete eight to achieve the level 4 Higher National Certificate and a further eight to achieve the level 5 Higher National Diploma. Every module has a fee and added together, they give you the total cost of the qualification. You’ll may for pay for each module separately, rather than paying for the whole qualification in advance.
Our costs are transparent so you know what’s expected from the outset of your studies. Our fee for a HNC or HND unit is £320 which amounts to £2560 over one year if you study full time. Before you start the course you will also be required to pay £239 for the awarding body Pearson registration fee.
Thus, the total cost for studying with Hallmark School of Management is £2799 for eight units and £5598 if you complete all sixteen to achieve the HND qualification.
Study materials, tuition & unlimited support, assessment and registration are all included in our fees.
You’ll pay for your study when you register for each module with a loan, a credit or debit card or via bank transfer.
Everything about studying with us is flexible including payment options. Most students studying with us take out a loan to pay for their studies. Alternatively you could pay for your studies in instalments, spreading the cost to ‘pay as you go’. If you work, you might be able to secure funding from your employer.