Excellent communication skills are essential for managing people and ensuring effective performance. From planning and communicating work expectations to networking and influencing change, communication is a vital skill. This full suite of communication training and coaching programme is designed to develop the interpersonal skills that fuel workplace performance and business success.
This high impact customised one-to-one training and coaching programme is offered over a period of three days. You will learn, develop and practice a full range of communication skills required of leaders. Your dedicated coach will help you maximise your strengths, challenge your limitations and refine your skills.
You will also be provided online or telephone one-to-one coaching before and after the three day programme. These additional sessions will support you through your learning journey to help you reflect, develop and fine tune your newly learned skills as you implement them into your working practices.
Upon Completing this Course you will be able to:
- Understand communication methods and styles and the impact these can have on others.
- Demonstrate an individual, confident and influential communication style
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively through a range of daily work practices and high pressured situations.
- Influence, energize, inform, motivate, and lead with skill and confidence.
- Reflect and adapt your style to lead and influence and build relationships.
- Understanding the communication process and identify important factors for effective communication
- Barriers to effective communication
Developing your Personal Communication Style
- What is your communication style?
- Understanding the other person’s perspective
- Analyzing body language, what we say and how we say it to ensure congruent messages are received.
- Presenting a Positive Image – Maintain credibility, rapport and trust with an influential and positive communication style
Building Productive Work Relationships with Colleagues and Employees
- Understanding the motives and behaviors of others
- Small Talk
- Identifying key subject areas
- Understanding when and how to ask a question
- Using probing techniques to gather information
- How to prompt a response
- Using your voice and presence to create impact
- Active listening skills, feedback and rapport building
- Demonstrating appreciation of the other person’s point of view
- Losing new ideas and stifling creativity
- Causes of frustration and demotivation
- Moving someone from an entrenched position
- Communicating for the development of learning and performance in others
Dissolving Conflict and Difficult Situations
- Being at ease under pressure
- Communicating effectively through stress and high pressure situations with ease
- Respond effectively to difficult people, conflict, criticism and feedback
- Dissolving destructive conflict situations
- Handling difficult situations and delivering difficult messages
Presentations – Stand, Speak, Inform and Make an Impact
- Confidence and how we can develop it
- Planning and structuring your conversation, presentation and meetings
- Develop skills for engaging an audience and delivering information
- Putting your point across – an influencing model to persuade people
- ‘Think on one’s feet’ and respond to feedback and criticism effectively
Effective Meetings & Briefings
- Plan for meetings & briefings
- Getting heard, being taken seriously, taking control, getting a decision
- Organize, delegate and communicate activities to a group with clarity.
- Creating channels for open feedback
- Responding to others’ ideas – sharing understanding, support and appreciation
- Delivering clear messages to ensure performance expectations are met
Your Personal Leadership Action Plan
- Identifying Leadership development needs
- Designing Your Personal Action Plan
Who should attend?
This ILM Customised Endorsed Training and Development Program is for mangers at all levels and executives who want to improve enhance confidence, credibility and their professional impact.
Hallmark Coaching and Development programs are for those who value a personal customised program which combines both training, mentoring and ongoing coaching whilst you implement your newly learned skills into your workplace.
- Three days Customised One-to-One Training £1999
- Three days Customised Training Plus ILM Level 5 Award £2699
- Three days Customised Training Plus ILM level 5 Certificate £3399
- Training only: 3 days
- ILM Award: depending on your pace of learning approximately 30-40 hours plus assesment
- ILM Certificate: depending on your pace of learning – 100 – 130 hours plus assessment
Training or Training plus ILM Qualification
Course Fees includes:
- Three full days of customised one-to-one high impact training
- Your Personal Leadership Mentor over an eight week period to help you implement your learning into the workplace and overcome personal work based challenges.
- Lunch & refreshments
- Customised Course Handbook
- Your written action plan
You may choose to study an ILM 5 Award or Certificate in Leadership and Management. In addition to the above you will also receive:
- Access to Hallmark’s structured online learning site with extensive ILM resources to help you with your studies.
- Unlimited access to a tutor to assist you in completing your assignment or handling work challenges.
- Membership to ILM
- Your Level 5 qualification certification
- We are confident you will feel that you have received a specialised learning experience unique to your needs. If you are not fully satisfied after completing up to 50% of your course we offer a 100% money back guarantee