Your organization needs leaders who are able to manage and support your team and ensure goals are met. Managing performance requires us to reconcile the responsibilities of developing people with ensuring that departmental and organizational aims are achieved.
This course is designed for you to acquire the practical knowledge and skills for developing yourself as a performance manager, leading and supporting your team and driving a well managed system to ensure company objectives are met.
The small group settings of up to twelve candidates is designed to be highly participative and practical with significant time for individual guidance. In addition to training will also receive three hours of online or telephone sessions before and after training days with your dedicated personal leadership mentor.
Throughout this practical training and mentoring program you will learn valuable skills, recognise how to maximise your strengths, challenge your limitations and refine your leadership skills.
You may choose to attend the training sessions as a standalone programs or continue to study this subject with Hallmark Online Learning to achieve:
The Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
You will be able to study for your Certificate at your own pace through Hallmark Online Learning. You will receive:
- Step by step structured learning materials
- Unlimited tutorial support
- Access to extensive management and leadership learning resources.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- gain a high level of understanding for your role and responsibility as leaders for supporting your team towards achieving organizational goals.
- promote and improve employee effectiveness.
- develop yourself as leader, coach and mentor
- utilise a range of performance management and measurement tools to ensure team performance is in alignment with organizational goals.
Define your role as performance manager
- Understand the role of leadership to facilitate high performance in teams
- Leadership styles to facilitate performance
- Assess and redefin your leadership styles
The principles of performance management
- Core elements, principles and benefits of an effective performance management framework
Set performance measures
- Identify the performance targets for your team
- Understand how to align strategic and tactical objectives and goals
- Set individual and group objectives
- Ensure expectations are understood and acted upon
- Resolve employee concerns
Review and assess performance
- Review different levels of performance
- Objectively assess and rate performance
- Determine the right kind of appraisals for your team
One to one performance review meetings
- Structure performance review meetings
- Using questions to help employees review their own performance
- Understand better listening techniques
- Utilise practical coaching skills to maximize performance
- How to structure your coaching meetings
- Give constructive and motivational feedback
Create and sustain high performance teams
- Develop common attributes of high-performing teams
- Identify core behaviours and talents in your team that drive high performance
- Create social identity and cohesion
- Appraise team performance
- Manage conflict and difficult personalities
Motivate your team
- The importance of motivation in achieving performance excellence
- Develop performance solutions with employee input
- Provide Positive Reinforcement and valuing employee effort
- Communicate to engage and energise your team.
Evaluate your Team
- Determine Performance Gaps in your team
- Create a Performance Development Plan for your team
Who should attend?
This course is for practising and aspiring middle managers who want to improve their performance management capabilities and know how to facilitate peak performance in their department or organisation.
- £899 Training only
- £1599 Training plus ILM Level 5 Certificate
- Training only: 3 days
- ILM Certificate: depending on your pace of learning – 100 – 130 hours plus assessment
Training or Training plus ILM Qualification?
Course Fees includes:
- Three days of high impact training
- A total of three hours online or telephone personal leadership mentoring before and after training to help you build upon your strengths, challenge weaknesses and refine your leadership skills.
- Delicious light lunch & refreshments
- Course Handbook
- Your written action plan
If you choose to study the ILM Level 5 Certificate in addition to the above you will also receive:
- Access to Hallmark’s structured online learning site with a step by step study guide and access to extensive ILM leadership and Management resources to help you with your studies.
- Unlimited access to a tutor to assist you in completing your studies, your assignment and applying your learning to working practices.
- Membership to ILM
- Your Level 5 qualification certification
- We are confident you will feel that you have received a specialised learning experience unique to your needs. If you are not fully satisfied after completing up to 50% of your course we offer a 100% money back guarantee